Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Christmas Decorating


I usually do all my decorating for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving. It didn't happen this year. The girls and I made these gorgeous snowflakes and the 3D snowflake to adorn our picture window. I love how it turned out!


The reason I waited so late to do my decorating was because I ordered this gorgeously, full artificial tree from Christmas Trees Galore. It is 7.5 feet tall and I love it!


I had originally planned to tuck in the corner (see picture below) where the lamp glow is, but it was too full and I worried the dogs would run into it and knock it over. So I rearranged the living room.


 
I separated my sectional into two pieces to allow room in front of the picture window for the tree. 


This is where I originally wanted the tree, but this corner looks cozy now with part of the sofa, small table with Santa and a plant my sister gave me.


Dollar store Santa I've hadfor several years...


Kenzie had the idea to put my Christmas town up on the shelf in the kitchen. We bought cotton batting "snow" to drape over the shelf and books added to give a little height. The trees are pieces of the Christmas tree that inadvertedly broke off during set up. I added the Christmas plate, candy container and faux plant. I love how it turned out!

Thank you for stopping by my Enchanted Cottage!


2 comments:

Kathy in Illinois said...

Everything looks so pretty, Tracy! I love the look of the snowflakes on your picture window. Christmas decorating always makes me happy and I love to see how others decorate their homes.
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

♥ Tina said...

So pretty!! :)