Tuesday, December 27, 2011


Can I admit to you, dear reader, that I am glad Christmas is over? Christmas day was nice but the days leading up to it were filled with stress, worry and family drama. It has left me exhausted physically and emotionally. I will be having surgery Thursday so perhaps I can rest then since I will physically unable to do much?

Yesterday I took down all of my Christmas decorations and packed them up. I must put them in the storage building today. I am ready to say good-bye to 2011 and usher in the New Year. The New Year brings with it 365 days of promise, expectation, hope renewed and a blank slate in which to write a new chapter in our lives.

I pray that this last week in December is filled with blessings for you. May you live each and every day to the fullest and forget not to notice and pay gratitude to the simple things in life.

3 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Dear Tracy ~ I thought about you over Christmas, wondering how you were doing.

Will you be staying at the hospital or is this an out-patient event. I do hope your recovery will be swift and that you'll soon be feeling much better.

Have you found out yet when your DH is heading out?

Love, hugs and prayers for you,

FlowerLady

Kathy in Illinois said...

My prayers will be with you Thursday, Tracy. Wishing you a happy and healthy new year.
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Tracy said...

FlowerLady - I have to stay over for a day, possibly two. My husband is already overseas in Kuwait...made it ocver the first week of December. Looks like he will be home for good in October!