Friday, December 16, 2011

A Busy Day



I had a fairly busy day. Washed dishes, vacuumed, and cleaned the master bath. Then Kayla and I went out for lunch at Danny's Fried Chicken, where I used to work. All of my siblings work there and that is one of my son's two jobs. I was able to visit a bit with Shelly and Chelsea since it was after lunch rush.

After lunch, we went through the car wash and I vacuumed out my car. I love it when my car is all clean and sparkly - inside and out! I could have washed and vacuumed the car at home and saved the $10 I spent, but I was growing tired and still had grocery shopping and other errands to run. Sometimes, it's best to spend the money to free up time and save my energy...

Grocery shopping is not my favorite thing in the world to do. I find it incredibly tiring with loading and unloading groceries in and out of the buggy and then in and out of the car. But it is a duty that simply must be done. I went to the store where Mama works and got to see and talk to her for a few minutes.

With the shoping done, I had a bill to pay then we went to Lowe's to buy a new filter for my ShopVac. Lowe's offers a 10% military discount every day if you show your i.d. I saved $1.36 - but every penny helps and it adds up.

For our last stop, we ventured into the dollar store to buy dangly earring and a hair clip for Kayla. We have a family Christmas dinner to attend tomorrow and the girls have new outfits (dresses) to wear and, I, a new red blouse. I'll be sure to take a few pictures to share with you, dear reader.

While doing the grocery shopping I picked up baking supplies so the girls and I can do a little holiday baking this coming week. There is simply nothing better than homebaked goodies! We will listen to Christmas music, talk and laugh as we reminisce of Christmases past and look expectantly forward to this Christmas.

May you have a night of pleasant dreams...

2 comments:

Kathy in Illinois said...

Sounds like you had a nice week seeing your family and running errands. It sounds like a fun and Christmasy week you will have this week too! Enjoy your Christmas preparations and remember the reason for the season!
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Penelope said...

I've been baking a lot here…agree, home baked goodies are awesome! And of course that would account for my continuous and fast pregnancy weight gain :) !!