Monday, November 28, 2011

The Thanksgiving Holiday

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday because my husband, Alfred, was able to come home on a 4 day pass! He is still in the States training but will be going overseas the first week of December.

It was so good to have him home. We had Thanksgiving dinner with his siblings then went to my Mama's for dessert and to visit with her and all of my siblings.



We were also able to celebrate Kayla's 15th birthday while he was home with family and a few friends. Her birthday is actually today but we didn't want Alfred to miss out. Within the next couple of weeks, I'll be taking her up to the DMV to take the written test for her driver's permit!

I had to drive Alfred back to his mobilization station last night. Saying goodbye this time around was alot harder than the first time. There were many tears and I didn't want to let him go. He called later after we had left and the tears began to flow again.

But I will remember the memories of us being together and focus on keeping my home and family well cared for and loved until we are all together again. 

1 comment:

Kathy in Illinois said...

Glad you had a memorable Thanksgiving. Cute picture of you both! My prayers will be with you and your husband now and in the coming year.
God bless, Kathy in Illinois