Friday, November 04, 2011


It has been a hard couple of days.

Yesterday I said farewell to the love of my life for a year while he serves yet again overseas in the military. There were tears from us both and long embraces. I didn't want to let him go, but at last I had to because I had a 5-6 hour drive back home.

I am proud to say that despite my penchant for panic attacks (which are mostly controlled by medicine) I drove through Birmingham and Montgomery with no problems! I am darn proud of myself! And I am ever so thankful my Mama went along with me just in case I needed her. She's the best!

Today, I was in so much physical pain that I ended up vomiting. I haven't done that in years! I took it easy for the rest of the day, though I did cook dinner - a quick and easy casserole dish that I know the girls will eat.

I was able to talk to Alfred a few times today and he's going to try to call me later before bed. It helps to be able to hear his voice and talk to him.

I am now off to watch tv with Kayla. Enjoy your evening!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh Tracy, reading what you are are going through takes me right back to the same feelings I had when my Marine was deployed. It will be hard and sad and scary. but I know you can do it!

stay busy and that will help pass the time and also give you a sense of accomplishment when you do things.

I am so grateful for families like you who have made and continue to make this sacrifice for the USA in very difficult times.

FlowerLady said...

Dear Tracy ~ My heart goes out to you and your DH and your family at this time. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Where will your DH be deployed?

I'm glad you made it through the scary parts on your drive home. I'm sorry you ended up being sick though and do hope you are feeling much better today.

Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

Tracy said...

He will be in Kuwait I think. Thank you for your encouraging words. This is our second deployment. I am hoping it goes by quickly!! :)