Thursday, November 10, 2011

Daybook


TODAY:

Outside my window: It's a blustery day with grey, dreary skies. The wind is whipping leaves from the trees and scattering them to and fro.

I am thinking: how wonderful technology is. Though my husband is many miles away, I can still talk to him via cell phones. And when he goes overseas, I'll be able to talk to and see him via Skype!

I am thankful for: free medical insurance though the military and my doctor appointment next week.

From the learning rooms: science experiments, drawing, Charlie Chaplin, writing, baking, cooking, and lots more....

In the kitchen: Meals are very simple. Kenzie makes pancakes almost daily. Kayla made brownies last night.

I am wearing: pajamas still...

I am writing: not much of anything besides my blog and posting has been few & far between. With Alfred's deployment and my health issues, I am finding it hard to be positive and uplifting. Sometimes it's better to say nothing at all in times like these...

I am going: to pay off as many bills as possible and save money while my husband is deployed to ease the load for him when he returns.

I am wondering: whether to continue on with Mary Kay or not?

I am reading: Not much of anything right now. Need to get back in to the Word daily.

I am hoping: to get my car washed and vacuumed out soon!

I am looking forward to: being pain-free and my husband being home for good after this deployment!

I am hearing: the sound of my fingers tapping on the keyboard...

Around the house: I tidied up today as I couldn't stand to look at my home any longer. I've been taking it easy as to avoid as much pain as possible.

I am pondering: what this next year will hold for me and our family.

One of my favorite things: hot cocoa with marshmallows on blustery days like today.

A few plans for the rest of the week: thrift store shopping with my best friend and my neice's birthday party, both on Saturday.

A few pictures to share:

Zeus - our Cane Corso

Kenzie's science experiment - Lava in a cup

A few quick sketches I did, taken from the book The North Star by Peter H. Reynolds.



2 comments:

Debra said...

Oh Tracy, I'm so sorry to hear that you are in pain. I'm praying that the doctors will find out what's wrong and that it will be fixed. It's a blessing to see that you are still trying to make your days and your life as beautiful as you can and I know God will bless you for that. Thanks for your comment at my blog yesterday! Hang in there, sweetie.... Debra

blessings from a wildflower said...

Hello, It's nice to meet you..I read your daybook and would like to suggest that you journal here everyday..great friendships are made this way:)
We are never alone...
~~Peace & Love & Healing & Blessings~~