Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Kitchen

While my husband's been gone for training for his upcoming deployment, I have been busy deep-cleaning our home. Let's begin in the kitchen, shall we?


This is the shelf above my sink that I decorated for Autumn with things I already had on hand.


Looking into the kitchen from the dining room. I moved the freezer into the kitchen and moved the microwave/stand out.  I also streamlined the counter, keeping only the necessities out.


The left side of the kitchen....


And the right...


Above my freezer, I moved a few pictures around to create a cute little corner.

I have plans for the kitchen in the near future. I want to paint the cabinets black and buy new hardware in brushed nickle. I also plan to strip the wallpaper border and paint the walls, replace the light fixture and put in new linoleum in. Here is the inspiration picture for the black cabinets:


Thanks for visiting my kitchen!

5 comments:

Kathy in Illinois said...

What a sweet kitchen, Tracy! So glad to have you back to posting.
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

FlowerLady said...

I love your kitchen, and can see the cabinets painted black. When I look at properties for sale online, one of the first things I want to see is the kitchen. It is where I spend a lot of time, and it is my favorite area of our home.

FlowerLady

jackie said...

Your kitchen is lovely; i especially like the cabinets. They remind me of my grandma's house, which is a very good thing. We were very close. i think your decorating ideas sound beautiful!

Mommyblogger said...

Looks like you have been busy. It paid off, everything looks fantastic. I LOVE black cabinets. I've been wanting to paint my cabinets black but my countertops are green & I just don't think it would look good. I'm eventually going to do a black & white room somewhere in this house!!!

Debra said...

Love it all, the kitchen and dining room! That display area above the sink looks like so much fun--like having a window in a shop which you can change on a whim! I've always loved the black cabinet look which is so popular today and I'd love to see your (many, amazing) cabinets done up that way. Cool Lucy licence plate, too. :) I always love seeing your cute home--thanks for sharing with us, Tracy! Blessings, Debra