Tuesday, August 30, 2011



I expected there to be a bit of an adjustment period with my coming home from the working world. This past week has been fabulous in the fact that I am no longer punching a time-clock, but at the same time I feel a bit adrift and disconnected from my home. As August is coming to a close, I am looking forward to September and hopefully cooler temperatures.

 This morning I noticed that the leaves are beginning to fall from the trees and that the humdity has been low in the early hours. It is so pleasant out I think I should begin my day's work in the yard before the temperature climbs in the afternoon as it typically does.

I am finding myself longing for the heartier Autumn meals and baking. Are you? I would like to put together a list of menus to take the agony out of meal-planning each week.

While working, coupon-clipping was non-existant for me, so I am anxious to put that back into practice and save a little money at the grocery store. I also want to check out the PX, since we are military, to compare prices with our local stores. It just may be worth the trip.

With Autumn approaching, I am feeling the need to stock the larder. I find it so satisfying to be well-stocked in meats and non-perishable foods. I neglected doing so while working, so I must get back to this once again.

Daily I need to write down my cleaning goals for the day, lest I fritter away my time as I am prone to do. Best to plan my work and work my plan I dare say!

Have a wonderful afternoon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you back to your old self! I look forward to your menus-as well as stealing inspiration for my own journey as a stay at home mom/wife.

Rhonda said...

good morning. I hope you give yourself a little break to catch your breath as you transition. I would guess that working away from home has made you weary.

I do agree about lists being so helpful, I rarely get everything on my list done but it is satisfying to scratch through the finished tasks and to see that I did get a few things accomplished.

happy homemaking to you

Mommyblogger said...

There is nothing like being able to be at home & take care of what needs to be. I feel blessed to be able to stay home. I'm like you, I have a daily list of items to be done & I work towards doing them all day long. Sometimes I complete them all, sometimes not. I do much better with time management if it is wrote down in front of me. I'm glad your back to being home & I hope September brings you nothing but wonderful days!