Saturday, July 23, 2011

Finding Balance




It's my day off and I have been getting caught up on my cleaning. There was laundry to do, floors to sweep and vacuum, dishes to wash, decluttering (always decluttering)... I don't want to spend my off days cleaning. There has to be a better way.


I am going to give FlyLady a try. I am hoping that by establishing simple morning and evening routines, spending fifteen minutes decluttering and doing zone work each day, I can keep the chaos (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) at bay.


You would think I'd have this working and homemaking thing down pat by now, but I don't. I have never been very good at balancing, and yet it is thing I must master if I am to keep my sanity. Clutter and messiness zaps my energy, steals my clarity of mind, and overwhelms me.


I tend to be a perfectionist. I want to do things perfectly or not at all. This is not conducive to a clean house! Acknowledging this tendency is the first step in overcoming it and getting control of my home and life.


Here's to new beginnings!




2 comments:

Terri said...

Fly lady was a HUGE help to me when I left work and became a stay at home mom and wife. Back then my life was super busy with taking teens to work and picking them up, bus stop runs and all that sort of thing.

She helped me determine how to Zone my own home. Gradually I eliminated the things she did in her own home that didn't apply to mine and added the things I wanted to hit in each area.

It really has worked well for me. Good luck!

Karla said...

I can so identify with this. I tend to do nothing because I can't do it perfectly. I've tried FlyLady several times over the years and I never stick with it or make it work. Mostly it's my own mind I have to overcome to use it effectively. I think I'm almost there. LOL