Thursday, June 02, 2011

Back to Work


I have had a wonderful mini-vacation the past five days. I puttered around the house, enjoyed dips in the pool, took afternoon naps, read books, and tackled a few projects I have been wanting to get to. I painted the front porch columns, the front door, and the porch shutters....now the other shutters look pretty shabby. I'll try to get those done next weekend!

It is incredibly hot and dry here. Yesterday the high temperature reached 100 degrees and it will be the same today. We've had no rain so the grass isn't growing and looks horrible, as does my flower beds. I'm considering running the sprinklers for an hour after dark to give my yard a nice cool drink. Lord knows it needs it!

One of our cats, Clover, has been gone for weeks now. It's not like her to disappear so I am afraid she is no longer living. I miss her terribly.....she was so sweet and loving. And yet, I hang on to a tiny sliver of hope that she will come home.

Now it's time for me to pay bills and then get ready for work. Hope you have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

Lady Rose said...

Tracy,

Vacations are always nice, but obviously, they can't last forever, and then it's back to business as usual.

I only wish that it could be a bit warmer here. We've been getting unusual cold, wet, and windy weather, and it's usually warm and sunny. I'll give you some rain for your flower beds if you'll give me some warm sun. :)

I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. I hope that she comes back soon. I have cats too, but I keep them indoors because I am afraid that something might happen to them.

Have a blessed day!

-L. Rose

Marijke van Ooijen said...

Hay,

Your blog is lovely.
I follow your blog.
Your backgroud on your blog is beautiful!
Please take a look into my world.

Groetjes..Marijke
www.marijkevanooijen.blogspot.com

organizare petrecere said...

Looks like you enjoyed a lot your mini vacation, i`m happy for you. I can`t wait August to go in vacation...