Monday, May 02, 2011

Swirly Goodness


Life has been full of swirly goodness lately. I have limited my computer time and have found myself enjoying more movies with my family and reading. I am currently reading Anne of Green Gables for the first time. I had tried to read it several times before, but just couldn't get into it. After reading an article in the latest Victoria magazine (May/June 2011), I was apt to try once more and have found myself thoroughly enjoying the book!

We spent a fair amount of money on the girls this past week, which we seldom get to do often, for no other reason than we love them and know these things will bring more joy and pleasure to our home-life. They received a pink notebook computer ($150), two Sing*a*ma*jigs ($4 each), a Magic School Bus Science Kit ($10) and Loopz game ($12.50) - all of which were at rock bottom prices and 25% off to boot for a total of $147.15! Plus we bought a swimming pool ($79) for the yard. 

I figure the swimmining pool will save us time and money spent going to the beach. Travel is horrible here in the Spring/Summer months for we live in a touristy area. I am all for less aggravation and making home an enjoyable place to be.
The girls stayed with my sister last night and Kendall was out with friends so Alfred and I watched The Karate Kid - the new one. While it was a good movie, it doesn't come close to surpassing the original one made in 1984 starring Ralph Macchio and Pat Morita.

We had gone to bed afterwards, missing the news about bin Laden's death. All I can say about it it is it is about darn time! I feel no sympathy for a person who can take so many lives without remorse. Good riddance!

 I am still working and selling Mary Kay cosmetics. And I am getting better about balancing home and work. I am ever learning and growing. Oh there is loads more happening in our shiny lives but I must go for now. I will try to pop in more often so as not to worry my dear readers and friends.

Wishing you a blessed week ahead...


4 comments:

Susan in SC said...

A pink notebook computer!! Now, that is what I call fun!!

Gae said...

Dear Tracy,
It has been a while since I visited but loved the title and then read your lovely post.
I love your joy in these simple things...it echoes my own feelings about simple joy within the family.
Have a blessed week
Gae

Laurie said...

Dear Tracy,
So nice to hear from you too!
Your post is so full of happiness and contentment.
Change is good!
Sending hugss))

Fiona said...

I'm with you - so often going to a public event or place is full of aggravation. Usually it is caused by too many people in one spot. I love making home a peaceful oasis and enjoying it, just the three of us (husband and poodle)!