Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Positive Frame of Mind


I only worked an hour and a half today and was able to come home as we had too many people at work. Fine by me! I have all sorts of things on my to-do list and while I won't get all of them marked off, I can do one or two.

Today I want to finish cleaning my dining room, detail the interior of my car and tidy up the carport and front porch. They are all fairly easy jobs that won't take much time.

Several of you have expressed concern that I not take on too much along with reminders to take care of myself. I plan on taking a pleasant little nap this afternoon. I finished reading Peace and Plenty by Sarah Ban Breathnach last night (finally). And I am planning to fully rest and recharge after dinner while watching my favorite show, Biggest Loser.

Sometimes I do forget to take of me, so thank you for all of your kind comments and reminders!

I am finding myself in a much more positive frame of mind these days. I can't pin-point why exactly, but I like it! Partly I believe it is the acceptance that for now I must work part-time and my schedule is not bad at all. Also, I feel as if I am better balancing work and home. The decluttering and deep cleaning has helped tremendously in that regard.

Right now I am just feeling extremely blessed. I hope you are, too!

3 comments:

Kathy in Illinois said...

So glad you are feeling better and relaxing too, besides your 2 jobs- outside the home and in! I have missed your posts. Hope you continue to feel up-beat and your husband finds relief with his medicine and your tender loving care. I always feel blessed and hope you do too!
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Emily Fay said...

It was a joy to "stop" by today on your blog! The photo is so beautiful!

Love,
Emily Fay

Warigia said...

Gorgeous Garden!