Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Day Off


Today I am off from work. Oh, how I look forward to those days! I had made up my mind that before my hair cut this morning I would browse in a couple of stores and pick up a few items needed here at home.

I found the loveliest pint of pink paint in the oops section at Walmart. I have a small dresser on my side of the bed that would look adorable with a fresh coat of paint. I spent $3 on it. Also purchased was a white exterior paint to paint the porch columns, front door and house shutters. Though I won't get to those projects today, it's nice to know I have the items already on hand when I do have time to tackle them. This weekend, perhaps?

For the yard, I purchased a garden hose and sprayer for the front yard - a very much needed purchase! - and a pair of pruning shears for my flowers. The roses in particular always cause me to draw my hand back in pain from their prickly thorns.

It was nice to be out alone browsing through housewares to see what the latest styles and colors are in home decor. I can't say I care very much for the very modern prints on the bedding. It just seems so aloof and cold to me. I much prefer cozy, casual, and comfortable with a little pretty thrown in for good measure.

I picked up a few paint chips in blues and yellows. Alfred and I can not come to an agreement on the blues. He wants ultra light colors and I don't. I suppose I will just keep looking until I find a shade we both agree on. Hmmph!

I am off to take a nap and then enjoy the rest of my day off. Hope you are enjoying your day, too!   

1 comment:

Marisa@Getting Back To Basics said...

Sounds like you are going to be busy with projects so for now, enjoy your day off.