Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday Tidings


Good Morning, friends! The sun is shing, the birds are singing, and it looks to be a beautiful day here in my little corner of the world. My pear tree burst into bloom last weekend. My, it sure is pretty. Nature is a wondrous thing. One day the tree was bare and the next - pow! - pretty green buds and white blooms.

I picked up two pink Knock Out Roses plants last night to go in my front flower beds. Those beds are my main goal for the yard this year....I want fill them with flowers and make them gorgeous. I am going to have my Rose Cottage yet!

One of my main projects this weekend wasd to get the sunroom clean. My step-son Joel left it a wreck before he left for basic training last month. I tackled that project last night and it looks sooo much better. I want to try to go through the sunroom closets and reorganize them.

I do my housework in little bits of time as I have the energy to tackle chores. I try not to let things get out of hand - especially dishes and laundry! I am usually in bed by 9:30pm and up at 5:30am when the dogs wake me up to let them out. Then I usually work weekdays from 10am - 2pm (I recently asked for my hours to be cut back as it was physically painful for me). But while the extra money does help out, I still miss being at home full-time. There is just never enough time to tackle all of the projects/chores I want to do. 

Hope you have a beautiful weekend! 

8 comments:

Marqueta (Mar-keet-a) said...

Dear Tracy,

Wow, you have blooms already! The roses are sure to be a knockout, indeed. I'm excited for you to be starting your rose garden. May it do really well for you.

Love,

Marqueta

♥ Kelley ♥ said...

What a beautiful garden!
Sounds like you are keeping very busy~ I was so happy to see a post from you!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend...

Melanie said...

Your blooms are beautiful! I can't wait for things to bloom here. It's still gray and cold and bare here in northern IL. The last pic on this post - the big flower/garden area - is this yours, too? It's gorgeous!

Tracy said...

Mel, no it's not mine, but I would love a cozy little spot in my backyard like it. :)

Marqueta, yes my roses are blooming! This last week has been a bit cooler, but the highs usually reach low 70s. :)

Kelly, thank you for your kind words! I hope to post more often. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tracy! I can't wait to see your "rose cottage" when you are done!!!
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Kelley said...

Tracy so good to hear from you!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE roses but have a horrible time growing them so I am so glad that you are enjoying yours! *Ü*

Sandcastle Momma said...

It's beautiful! I can't wait to see your yard in a few years when you've finished all of your projects and all of your plants are mature. We'll have to call Southern Living!

Fitness Mom said...

The flowers on the pear tree are incredible!