Saturday, March 19, 2011

Beach Days and Decisions


We went to the beach for the first time this year. It was warm and beautiful with our sugar white sand and the water was crystal clear. However, the girls said the water is still freezing!

Tonight is the Super Moon and we plan to check out that out tonight.

The azaleas are about to be in full bloom in our yard. They were recently cut back when the fence was installed. The jasmine is still in bloom and sharing her lovely scent. The flowers along the back fence line are even more beautiful now (see pic above). The river birch trees now have tiny green leaves also, but nothing so far on the oak or the pecans.

I'm not sure what we will do tomorrow. I have cleaning to do and grocery shopping. Alfred is not feeling well and says he has a chest cold coming on. So we'll probably hang out here at home.

Alfred will be going to Warrant Officer school sometime this year and will be gone for many months. I have decided to leave the work force at that time. He'll be making good money on active duty and I want to be home with my girls, have time to work on my home and yard, return to cooking and baking mostly from scratch, and economizing.

Until then, I will just have to accept the fact that I will not be able to get everything done, so I'll focus on the main things - laundry, meals, cleaning kitchen and bathrooms - and I'll get to the rest as I am able. But I want to be come more mindful as I go about living because we only get one shot at life and I want to live it to the fullest!

Happy Weekend to you and yours!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

oh, big Congrats to Alfred for being selected for WO. that is a huge accomplishment.

My hubby also started out enlisted and was selected for WO too.

I think you are making the right decision to stay home with your girls while he is gone too. This is exciting news!

Kelley said...

Couldn't remember if I had commented or not...
Sounds like you have lots of changes going on and I admire how you are handling everything and how much you love your family...
I think you are making the right decision!

Fitness Mom said...

Hope hubby feels better soon. Days are home are often nice anyway… at least you got to enjoy the beach a bit.

Sandcastle Momma said...

It sounds like good things are coming your way! Good for you for focusing on what's important and not letting life's mundane details keep you from enjoying your life.