Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Thinking Ahead



I apologize for my lack of posting, but life has been....well, busy, between working and trying to keep the house running relatively smoothly. Thankfully I am now off until Monday, so I can spend several days at home enjoying the last bit of the Christmas season with my children.

Monday, I opened a Christmas Club account so I can put back money for Christmas 2011. I want to sit down before the end of the year sometime and work on my budget for 2011 and set some money goals. I am hoping to pay off several debts in the coming year and have an emergency fund set aside.

In January, I will have a couple weeks off from work because Alfred has some Army training to be done out of state and we are a one-car family. I plan to use that time to give my home a thorough scrubbing and also do a radical declutter. I was thinking about having a yard sale this Spring and pricing everything at around a quarter - clothes, books, knick-knacks, etc. What isn't sold will go to charity and the money we do earn can be split between savings and debt repayment.

I do not want to work forever. However, I want to eliminate as many of our debts as quickly as possible which will make more options available to Alfred career-wise and will ease the stress level on both our parts and give us breathing room.

With the economy still uncertain, I want to be as prepared as I possibly can be. 

4 comments:

Marqueta (Mar-keet-a) said...

Dear Tracy,

A merry Christmas, and a prosperous New Year's to you! It sounds like you already have some very good resolutions.

Blessings,

Marqueta

The Angulo's said...

Sounds like a great plan Tracy! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

FlowerLady said...

Paying off debts is a great feeling and the sooner done is better for all.

May God's blessings and peace surround you each and every day.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

♥ Kelley ♥ said...

Hi Tracy!
Sounds like you are doing well!
I admire your determination to work on finances~I will be doing the same thing!
Wishing you the merriest of Christmases and the happiest of New Years...
Don't feel bad about posting~ I am having a horrible time posting~boring blog syndrome!