Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Home Today



I am off work today and have been puttering and cleaning house. I made a pitcher of sweet tea for Alfred so he could have some with his lunch (leftover lasagna). I am thinking about making some chicken and dumplings for dinner tonight as it has been mighty cold here for us southerners.


All is quiet here right now except the hum of the washing machine and my fingers tapping on the keyboard. I have no where to go today. It is sheer bliss!

Later, I plan to read The Doll's Christmas and A Corgiville Christmas, both by Tasha Tudor, with the girls. I hope to get to a little reading of my own. I have a stack of books on my nightstand waiting for my attention.

Wishing you a day filled with cozy homemaking!

5 comments:

sarah said...

You've probably mentioned this already and I missed it because I've been so busy lately, but - are your girls going to school now that you are working?

Tracy said...

Sarah, no we just do school after I get home in the afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good day at home and got your Christmas books read! I finished baking my Christmas cookies today so I've been a cozy homemaker too!
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Laurie said...

Hi Tracy,
Hope all is well in your corner of the world. Sounds like you are enjoying your jobs.
I love Tasha Tudor books too ~
Hugs))

Sandcastle Momma said...

Aside from the extra money, working really makes you appreciate those quiet days at home.
I'm glad all is going well for you!