Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Changing



The days are passing by so fast! I am only working one job now (the other was seasonal work & only one day a week) but between home and work I stay busy. I have to admit I am enjoying it just a bit and the extra money does help. 

On my off days I have been tearing through the house like a hurricane - decluttering, cleaning and reorganizing - with hopes of having a yard sale this Spring. I am all about simplifying my life and home as much as possible at the moment. And it is so freeing to get rid of tons of things I don't need anymore. 

I believe my personal style is evolving, too. I was definitely a frilly pink frou-frou girl. Now, I am drawn more to a quiet elegance and earthy colors. There will be changes coming to my home in the way of paint, fabrics, and art work....frugally done, of course.

I haven't had a whole lot of time to journal or read lately, but I started reading "Love Letters from LadyBug Farm" last night and I am loving it! I will be so sad to end this book because I have grown to love the characters and hearing about their restoration project of the mansion, farm, and vineyard. The author, Donna Ball, has a blog if you care to check it out: 


Life is pretty darn good at the moment and I expect 2011 will be even better. May it be so for you as well!

8 comments:

♥ Kelley ♥ said...

Tracy, I am so glad that life is so good for you and I am praying that 2011 is even better!
I feel changes coming on for me as well...
I've been doing alot of pondering these last few days~ I am always introspective as the New Year approaches...
You are an encouragement to me!♥

Nicole said...

Darn. I had planned to start reading some classics on January 1st, but you hooked me with those LadyBug books. I have ordered the first one. The classics will just have to wait, I think!

Terry said...

Howdy Tracy
Wanted to drop in and wish you a very blessed New Year !
Looking forward to the upcoming changes as you make them please post pictures :)
Thank you for a wonderful blog to visit .
Take care now.
Until Next Time
Happy Trails

Rhonda said...

Hi Tracy - I hope you job continues to go well. I have had to work, just no other choice as bills demanded it, buy my heart was always home.
I am sure you will find a balance that will be work,

my style has changed too, I used to want to make my home look like so many of the designery-blog homes. Now I am really like comfortable, simple and things I have.

FlowerLady said...

Yes, may 2011 be better than 2010. I'll have to see if I can find 'Love Letters from LadyBug Farm', it sounds really good to me.

As we age, our styles change. We just need to age gracefully and go with the flow and not stress.

Love and hugs and God's blessings for you and your family in 2011.

FlowerLady

Debra said...

How fun! I'm reading the same book now, too. My friend, Donna, gave it to me for Christmas--I do love that series as you do. It's fun to live vicariously through the ladies at the farm, isn't it? :)

Throughout the years my decorating style has often changed and I'm glad because it keeps Life interesting! :)

Thanks for sharing...Debra

Susan in SC said...

I think we all go through changes and it reflects it in our home. I look forward to seeing your new style!

Penelope said...

Quiet elegance in dress is always a good thing.