Monday, November 22, 2010

Working Woman



Last night I had to go to my new job to fill out paperwork & attend a mandatory meeting/fashion party and I got paid for the four hours I was there. I start training tomorrow...a four hour shift and then I don't work again until Black Friday where I'll have a five hour shift.

This is definitely a new experience for me. For one,I have never worked retail and, two, I have not worked outside the home since before Kayla was born and she turns fourteen on Sunday, much to her Daddy's chagrin! The work is seasonal, but there are five permanent part-time positions (20 hours a week) that can be filled after the Christmas season. It just all depends on how well I do as to whether they will keep me on.

All I know is I'm tired of struggling to make ends meet and I want to use this extra money to help us build up our savings and become debt-free.  

8 comments:

Laurie said...

Hi Tracy!
Congratulations on your job ~ it sounds like something you'll enjoy.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Hugs))

Sandcastle Momma said...

Congratulations! They are lucky to have you!!

Sandcastle Momma said...

Congratulations! They are lucky to have you!!

Ariadone said...

Congratulations on your job, Tracy...isn't it great that a woman can descide on the seasons of her life...I did the reverse: I worked always outside the home, but now that my children are grown up ( the youngest is 18 ) I have descided to work no more in a job and get stressfree & declutered & ...more spiritual...Woman's power is soo magical: much much luck and fun in your job and rest when at home, let your kids help enough around the house..and let them learn about your new shedule, this is important for everyone..don't hide when you are tired or bothered...they will help you for sure and stay close to you.
Bless you, Tracy
Lieve groeten
Godeliva van Ariadone

DreamgirlLisa said...

Tracy, I Know what it's like to go back to work after being a stay at home mom, it can be a little scary. The positive side is that it's a new chapter in your life, the benefits of some extra income, and you will meet new people, that's always a plus! Best of luck to you, and wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Debra said...

Congrats! Someday I may be joining you out there in the working world. In the meantime, enjoy meeting the nice people you will help--I know they will appreciate you! Blessings, Debra

Laurie said...

Dear Tracy,
Just wanted to wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Good luck on your first day of work on Friday!!!
Hugs))

Sandcastle Momma said...

Happy Thanksgiving Tracy!
I hope you and all of your family has a wonderful day!