Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Oh, the Changes!



I picked up a second job working part-time. The store I work at in the mall is only giving me one day a week and that just will not do. I start the new job this Thursday.

We had Kayla's birthday party Sunday. My little girl is growing up. She is fourteen now, dontcha know? The time goes by much too fast for my taste these days. I mean, can you believe tomorrow is December 1st? Before you know it we'll be turning the calender to a new year altogether!

I went to the library this morning and chose some new books to read:
~ Small Change by Sheila Roberts
~ At Home on Ladybug Farm by Donna Ball (a re-read)
~ Getting the Pretty Back by Molly Ringwald
and
~ The Heavenstone Secrets by V.C. Andrews

Of course, I have more books on hold at the library. They are holiday-inspired.

What are you reading these days?

7 comments:

paper roads said...

Happy birthday to your young lady!

How do you find homeschooling a teen?

Tracy said...

I find it pretty easy. Now my youngest who is 10? Well, that's a different story! :)

Rhonda said...

best wishes to you on your new job. There were several years I worked because it was just neccessary -
reading, just finished The Post Mistress and am now listening to Fannie Flaggs new one "I Still Dream About You"
if you are looking for a sweet Christmas time book, you might want to get Fannie Flaggs Red Bird Christmas.

happy birthday to Kayla!

♥ Kelley ♥ said...

Wow! Sounds like you are keeping very busy these days!
Happy Belated Birthday to your daughter!
This year has gone much too fast~can't believe that 2011 is right around the corner!
Wishing you a blessed day and week.

Sandcastle Momma said...

I'm really proud of you! You've come so far from having panic attacks when you left the house and now here you are - out in the world! Good for you Tracy!!!!
You've overcome and moved forward and should be VERY proud of yourself and your accomplishments.
You inspire me and for that I thank you!

Virginia Girl said...

Hey Tracy

All the best to you!

Penelope said...

It does go too fast...happy bday to her :)

I'd like to know how the Heavenstone Secrets is...hope you offer a review at the end.

I've been reading the Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands :)