Monday, November 08, 2010

Mother's Work


There are many loads of laundry to be done, floors to sweep and mop, and meals to prepare - among a host of other things. This is my job as Mother and the overseer of our home. A clean and cozy home signifies love and security to my family.

I love to tidy up and putter about our home sweet home! I am ever-trying to live up to my ideal of a simple life built on family working and playing harmoniously together, cozy family dinners, enjoying books read aloud followed by lively discussions, and teaching my daughters the art of homemaking and being feminine in a world that pushes conformity.

But I live in the real world, and my reality rarely matches my ideal. Such is life, I suppose. However, a girl can dream, can't she?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound like you're doing fine, Tracy!
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

~ ♥ Kelley ♥~ said...

Absolutely a girl can dream!
Thank you for your post today~it encouraged me!
Wishing you a blessed day & week ahead!♥