Monday, November 29, 2010

Creating Christmas Memories



The Christmas holiday is upon us and I have decided that though it will be a lean one, I am going to enjoy this holiday season. I won't be rushing to and fro shopping for gifts I haven't the money to spend on, but I will be focusing on creating memories with my family.

~ I always have baking supplies on hand, so the girls and I can bake lots of Christmas goodies.

~ The girls and I will decorate the house using what we already have on hand to create a festive atmosphere.

~ I love to listen to Christmas music. The Carpenter's Christmas is one of my favorites!

~ Following a tradition from my childhood, we will gather together to watch Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas. 

~ From the library, I will check out a couple of fictional Christmas novels to read this month.

~ I will enjoy watching my children decorate the tree after we string the lights. 

~ I will enjoy sitting in the living room with only the glow from the Christmas tree's lights.

~ I will take the girls to our town's Christmas parade.

~ We will watch as many Christmas movies/cartoons as we can this season. I especially love the classic movies/cartoons, but enjoy a few of the newer ones, too.

~ I will make a large batch of my homemade cocoa mix for the family to enjoy in big red mugs.

~ I will send out Christmas cards to friends and family that live far away.

~ We will take the children on a drive to see Christmas decorations.

But most of all, I will remember the reason for the season and count my blessings each and every day.
***
This post inspired my holiday plans. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful Christmas season!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

That sounds like you will be having a perfect Christmas! May I suggest reading the real Christmas story from Luke2?
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Marisa @ Getting Back To Basics said...

Sounds like the perfect Christmas to me!

Sandcastle Momma said...

Your home always sounds so warm, cozy and filled with love. What a lucky family you have to have a momma like you!

Suzie Ridler said...

Those are all the best things about Christmas that most people do not focus on these days. I think you and your family will have a beautiful Christmas together without all the stress and anxiety. You live a beautiful life Tracy. I learn so much for you.