Friday, November 05, 2010

An Autumn Day



It is a beautiful Autumn day here. The air is crisp and the sun is shining brightly. I will make a hearty pot of cheesy potato soup with crusty bread for dinner tonight and make up some of my homemade hot cocoa mix for these chilly Autumn nights.

I love the Little House on the Prairie books and am currently reading Little House on Rocky Ridge by Roger Lea MacBride, the Rose series. Did you know that besides the Laura and Rose series there is also other series of Little House books about Martha, Charlotte, and Caroline? These are such wonderful stories to read and share with children!

Kenzie and I just returned from a walk to the library. She loves cooking and art and usually chooses books related to those two subjects. The books I chose are all about home, family, gardening, and cooking. As the days grow shorter and the nights longer, I can think of nothing better than curling up with good books and learning about gardening, finding new recipes to try, and losing myself in the occasional good novel.

May your day be blessed!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I wish I could make a big pot of soup for tonight, but I can't use my stove or oven right now. Contractors were just painting in our house and we discovered (the hard way) that turning on the stove, oven, or dryer (gas appliances) start a chemical reaction with the paint and cause kerosene fumes! So the only thing I can use to make food now is the Crockpot. I have mexican chicken going in the CP right now. I might try making rice in the microwave.

Hugs,
Melanie

Rhonda said...

sounds like a good day and a good plan
I would love to live within walking distance of the library.

homemade hot cocoa sounds perfect too

Rosemi said...

I enjoy your pictures! Cheesy potatoe soup sounds wonderful!

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Thanks again for the informatioin about the other series of books. When I get done with this one - I will have to check them out. Hoping I can run across them at the thrift stores!
Have a great day!
Lisa :o)

Penelope said...

I've been wanting to read the little house books...where would I start (which is first?)

I recently watched the whole series of the tv show...what a great show!

Tracy said...

Penelope, if you want to start at the *very* beginning, then start with the Martha series. Or if you want to read about Laura's childhood, start with Little House in the Big Woods. :)