Thursday, October 07, 2010

Trials


I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. ~ Psalm 37:25

Spent the morning paying bills and buying groceries. There sure doesn't seem to be enough to go around, no matter how far I try to stretch my husband's income. I am sure this is true for many. 

I shall no longer fret over this matter, for fear is a great paralyzer. Instead, I will keep on praying and paying. I will count my blessings and keep my eyes focused on Jesus rather than my circumstances. No matter what, we shall not go hungry or without clothing. The Lord provides for His children's needs, does He not?

Though hard times have come, I am not one to give up easily. Oh, I have days when I want to, certainly, but it never lasts for very long. Somehow, I pull myself up by my bootstraps and forge ahead.

How can I not count myself as blessed when I have a husband who loves me dearly, 3 healthy children, a home with hot or cold running water at the turn of a knob to drink, wash and bathe in, a cozy bed to sleep in, books to read... My, how the list of blessings could go on!

We are loving the Autumn weather. We have had the windows open wide all this week - even at night. I don't think I have ever slept so well. Fresh air sure does a body good!

I mowed the front yard yesterday and swept the porch, walkway, and carport of brown crunchy leaves. I saw a hummingbird while outside with the dogs. I've been enjoying puttering around the house putting out Autumn and Halloween decorations, as well as doing general cleaning. When my home is clean I just plain feel better.

Well, it's time for reading with my youngest. Hope your day is a good one!

2 comments:

Debra said...

Yes! I love that verse, it's a big favorite. One thing which brings me much comfort is that I remind myself, "If I do my part, God will be faithful to do His." So true! Thanks for sharing, Debra

Lyn said...

I can say that I feel that way often too - that as hard as we try it's hard to spread things around sometimes. But you are right, a heart of thankfulness will always get us through, and it doesn't hurt to take care of what we have and to spruce up our home. These things can make us smile. :)