Monday, October 04, 2010

Making My Home a Haven



"The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down."
Proverbs 14:1

This is what I aspire to - to build my house with love, devotion, attention, encouragement, and prayer. I am not always successful, but I never give up. In this day and time, it is so easy to get distracted, discouraged, and feel discontent. I have found when I am feeling any of these emotions, I am focused on my circumstances instead of keeping my eyes on God.

Courtney challenged us to light a candle and begin praying over your home every time the glimmer of the candle catches your eye. I have my Pumpkin Spice candle lit on the dining room table. Today as I go about my work I will pray for my family and ask the Lord to help me guard my tongue and make a cozy nest for my family in spite of the physical pain I am enduring.

In Him,



1 comment:

TheNormalMiddle said...

What a great idea with the candle! :)