Monday, October 04, 2010

Love

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. ~1 Corinthians 13:4-8



He really loves me - truly, madly, deeply. This I did not know until recently. The words, once spoken, broke open a flood of emotion with tears spilling down my cheeks, leaving me breathless.

He often says he loves me, but I don't receive his love. I feel unworthy. Why can I not receive his love?

He explains that when we said "I do" he meant it. Forever. Until death do us part. Everything he does is for me and our family. He wants me to be happy, to trust him, to talk to him - things that I haven't the courage to speak, for I don't know where to start. Instead they are scribbled into my journals.

He apologizes for not telling me how much I mean to him and the walls surrounding my heart have begun to crumble.

God also loves us, but do we receive his love? He loves us so much that He gave his only begotten Son, so that we may have eternal life. Today, let us bask in his love and open our hearts so we may hear His words of love.

The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. Psalm 145:8

We love Him, because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19


1 comment:

FlowerLady said...

What a lovely post Tracy. A heart filled one about married love and also about God's love for us.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady