Monday, October 11, 2010

Gratitude and My Monday



I missed posting my gratitude list on Sunday, so I am posting it today. This week I am thankful for:

~ Visiting with Mama & my siblings at my youngest sister's 15th birthday party.

~ Eating candy corns and sharing with the dogs. :)

~ Joel is back and will be living with us for a while, along with his girlfriend, Erica.

~ Bought a Sunday paper for the coupons and there were 5 RedPlum inserts! Jackpot!

~ Spent a lovely afternoon at the beach.

What were you thankful for this past week?
***
Now on to Monday...

I have been waking before the alarm clock rings at 6am many days and today was no different. I set about doing laundry (several loads) and dishes, then it was off to the orthodontist with Kendall. Upon arriving home, there was more laundry, a pitcher of tea to make, sweeping, vacuuming, folding and hanging clothes.

I had to pick Alfred up from work for his lunch break, make lunch, take the dogs out too many times to count and call them to come back in twice as much as normal.

Finally a nap! But Alfred calls twice within 15 minutes. I ask if he's going to call again. He says, "Maybe." I say, "Don't!" He laughs. That's 18 plus years of marriage for you. *smile*

Mr Cheeky (my Yorkie) takes a nap with me. The girls do their school work under my supervision. I make dinner and make up my hot cocoa mix from scratch. My sister, Shelly, stops by to visit.

Alfred and I leave to run an errand. Once home, we eat dinner. I read blogs and check my email. Kenzie makes everyone hot cocoa...it was delicious! And now my energy is beginning to wane. The evening is winding down and soon it will be time to slip into my comfy bed and dream sweet dreams.

Then I will get up tomorrow before the sun rises and will do it all over again.

1 comment:

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Tracy.

I am sorry I have not been visiting lately.

I did read your posts. Sorry to hear that things are stressful for you at times. No energy at the end of the day...know that feeling too well!

Wishing you a wonderful week!
Hugs, Shaaron