Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Facing the Future


What can you do when the cards seemed stacked against you and no matter how hard you try you can't get ahead? We are there now. My beloved is feeling very discouraged and my heart aches for him. Work is slower than molasses and there is nothing we can do about it, but pray.

To tell the truth, I was half-tempted to follow suit and fall into that deep dark hole of depression. But I won't. I can't. I can't roll over and play dead. Now is the time for me to strengthen myself in the Word and prayer, to prepare myself for battle because this is exactly what it is. It's a fight for survival and I intend to come out victorious.

It's time to make frugality an art in my domestic life. The trick is to think of it as a challenge and make a game of it. How much can I reduce expenses and save? What frugal meals can I prepare that are both nutritious and pleasing? How can I bring more beauty and fun into our lives with little or no money? In what ways can I make our home a haven of peace and comfort? These are the questions I will seek answers to in the coming months as we face our future of uncertainty.

6 comments:

~ ♥ Kelley ♥~ said...

Tracy~you have a great attitude and I agree and think everything you are doing is right...
My husband is working out of state during the week and coming home on the weekends.
His current job is good through February and then after that well we just don't know...
I am looking at things as a challenge and game too!

Kathryn said...

I believe that you've shown again and again that you can rise to the occasion and make things work. There are many pious platitudes I could say to try to encourage you, but it would be easy for me to say when you are the ones struggling. I draw a heart around you and keep your challenges close in prayer. Hoping that this lending of energy and intention might in some small way help you carry on in a positive way. You will prevail.

FlowerLady said...

Dear Tracy ~ Having a positive attitude is priceless and will help your family in more ways than you can imagine.

FlowerLady

Laurie said...

Hi Tracy,
Your positive attitude is so very important right now. Yet, it can be challenging to keep up ~ so take care of yourself as well. Things will work out ~
Hugs))

Anonymous said...

As others mentioned, attitude is so helpful during times like these. Every little victory is just that, a victory. I hope your dh's hours pick up, and if not, that an opportunity will come his way once again. Wishing you all the best and God bless.

Lyn

DreamgirlLisa said...

Tracy, thank you for the reminder to stay strong and be positive. I love the attitude and determination you have. I am sure you be successful because you are choosing to be. This world we live in today is so uncertain and scary at times. I know just how you feel. I wish you and your family the best. Take care and hang in there, love is the most important thing, and that costs nothing :)