Thursday, September 16, 2010

Polly and Nelly

Please meet Mary and Nelly - my porcelain dolls.


This is Polly. I found her on Ebay years ago and paid around $20, if my memory serves me correctly.


Polly recently took the scissors to her bangs, thus their crookedness!

And this, of course, is Nelly. I found her at a Habitat ReStore shop for $5.


Nelly does not like to brush her hair ever since Polly took the scissors to her long flaxen locks.

Oh yes!

I've tried my best to try to teach them to be genteel young ladies.

But I shall not give up on them.

And so you've met the very naughty girls...

2 comments:

Tammy N said...

Dumb blogger just ate my comment!!

So glad to see your dolly post...they are cute!

Laurie said...

Dear Tracy,
I love dolls. I used to have a pretty nice collection.
I found a cutie about two years ago at a yard sale ~ a Victorian girl all dressed in pink!
I think your Nelly is pretty old ~ my Mom used to have one like her. In fact I have the dress she is wearing!
Tracy, I am so sorry I missed your birthday! I noticed this morning that your posts are not showing up in my Google Reader (?). I just thought I would pop over here today and I find several posts that I have missed. Most importantly your birthday!!
I hope this next year is a truly happy one for you and all your wishes come true! You have been a true and steadfast friend all these years. Your the best and sweetest girl out there.
Sending you lots of love,
Laurie