Monday, August 09, 2010

This and That



I haven't blogged very much lately. A friend told me about Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook and I am hooked!!

Ten bell peppers were harvested from my garden this afternoon! I will dice them up and put them in a bag in the freezer to use in my cooking.


It has been hot as all get out as it is in much of the country in August. It zaps my energy, but the yard must be mowed still, so I've taken to mowing a section at a time rather than trying to do it all in two days time. It will all get done in time.

{A red for the front porch - I am craving bright colors!}

Recently, we picked out paint for our bedroom and the front porch. I happened upon the oops paint and found just the colors I wanted for less than $11 for two gallons! I'll start those projects when it cools down some. Autumn will be here before you know it. I also found two pair of much-needed jeans at the thrift shop for $10.87. I love finding good deals on things we need.
{Bahama Breeze will be used in our bedroom on the walls that do not have white beadboard.}
*****
****
***
**
*

Did I tell you we got a new puppy? His name is Zeus. He is 12 weeks old today and weighs 25 pounds. He is a blue brindle Cane Corso Italiano (an Italian Mastiff). He is going to be a very big boy!



Something I have started doing is incorporating drawing with journaling. I don't bother with perfection...they are just quick little sketches. I don't know why I never thought of doing that before, but I am enjoying it immensely!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

pretty paints! I am also wanting some color around me these days
red and cool blue are 2 of my favorites too,

I know you will show us the pretty results :)