Monday, August 30, 2010

She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain...


Recently, I have found myself lacking daily in joy and contentment. I've been on edge and restless. Contentious, even. I sure didn't like myself very much during this dry, dark, deserted period.
I am always looking outside of myself for answers to my thoughts and questions, but they never satisfy. But I found the One who can!

I realized I had been allowing the cares of this world to steal away my quiet time with God. When I try to do everything my way, nothing ever works out. How many times have I been around this mountain already? Can I get an Amen! 

After Alfred leaves for work I now read my Bible and pray. Then I watch Joyce Meyer's teaching for the day. I like to take notes as I watch to help me remember important scriptures and principles. This has to be first so I am then free to focus on caring for the family and home God has blessed me with. There is simply no other way around it...God must be in first place!

Hopefully I have finally learned my lesson because it sure gets tiring walking around the same old mountain! I'm ready to pass this test and move on up! 

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Dear Tracy,
I think its only natural that we try to seek the answers ourselves. Giving in to God can be very hard ~ at least it is for me.
I am in awe that you read the Bible ~ I can't say I find much comfort there although I do enjoy Psalms and Proverbs. I hope that doesn't make me sound like a bad person. For me, I just pray and I think that helps me become closer to God. I don't know if I will ever find what I seek, but I keep on trying!
Hugs))

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Sounds like a lesson that I have had to learn too many times myself. I let life get in the way even though things go so much better when I take special time every day to spend with God.
Have a great day,
Lisa :O)

Carolyn said...

Hi Tracy,
You may not know this, but you have enabled me to look at my life through different eyes...I have done a full circle of the mountain recently. My boys changed school this year. They now attend a Christian school. I didn't realise I was lost until school started. Seeing all the students during Wed morning Chapel service singing and praying so enthusiastically brought tears to my eyes, and when the pastor began speaking, my tears flowed... I now am slowly finding myself and pray daily and try to attend church every week...You have such a warm heart. Your blog is an inspiration to me.
Have a wonderful day...
Carolyn

Kara said...

It usually takes me bumping up against a few obstacles, or solid brick walls, before I remember I'm pushing forward on my own path, driven by need, or fear or want. The failure helps me to stop, breathe and look up. Yesterday I realized I'm closer to my destination standing still than rushing in the wrong direction! Thanks for expressing your thoughts! I sympathize completely!

gail said...

Hi Tracy, I too have gone through the blues a bit lately. When i feeling that way I tend to drift and not give the Lord the attention He craves from us. It seems to be an effort to open my Bible and read. But when I do I always find solice and comfort there. Like you I really enjoy Joyce Meyer and I think she is wonderful for making her daily talks free for us to listen to. I have many of her books and CD's. I also love the verse that says "Come to me all that are burdened and heavy ladened and I will give you rest".
Such comforting words.
Blessings Gail

Rosemi said...

I know this feeling Tracy. It seems that God gets jealous of our straying from prayer and His word and allows for these feelings to come to lead his children back to Him. How sweet it is knowing He delights in us in this way and we can jump back into His loving arms knowing we are forgiven.

God bless you Tracy!

Debra said...

Thank-you so much, Tracy, for your kind comment at my blog this morning. I appreciate it more than you know! I always enjoy your blog and all the wonderful lessons and photos and realness you share here. You and your blog are a blessing! Hugs, Debra