Monday, August 16, 2010

Food and Learning



We began another year of homeschool today and finished our lessons earlier this morning. This afternoon we are going to take the girls to a local history museum for an educational outing. I'd like to go on one of the areas nature trails, but it looks like we will get rain again (and all of this week, too).

I have always been one to cook with recipes, but have recently been creative in the kitchen coming up with surprise dinners using what we have on hand from our lean pantry. My cooking inspirations have turned out rather well, I am pleased to say!


I baked a yellow cake and made chocolate frosting from scratch yesterday. My, was it scrumptious! The night before I made fudgy brownies from scratch. I'll be baking peanut butter cookies and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies later this week, too. My family loves sweets and I love being able to bake for them.

Hope your Monday is wonderful! May the week ahead be blessed!

2 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh I love yellow cake! I am sure your cake with homemade chocolate frosting was fantastic Tracy.

Rosemi said...

Beautiful post Tracy, I'd love to be able to homeschool my children. You are so blessed. I should get into more baking too. I am just worried about diabetes & obesity because it runs in my husband's side of the family. I have heard that If you bake though, The adults are probably less likely to buy junk at the store. We know that home baking is a much less unhealthy way to get your fill too.

Blessings!

ps: How come you never come and leave comments?... Ewwa! T
hat is so rude... lol! Love ya!