Friday, August 13, 2010

Around My Home


{kitchen}

In my home, you won't find perfection. You'll find pretty pictures and knic-knacs adorning flat surfaces and walls. The color pink dotted throughout and lace and candles. Stacks of books and paper and pens/pencils where studying goes on or journal writing occurs.

{flowers}

Around my home, you won't find expensive things. You'll find flowers in a jar. A child's picture hanging on the fridge. Puppy toys scattered throughout. Music playing and sometimes the tv (mainly at night). There are art supplies, coupons waiting to be filed, and rainbow stars on the windows.

{office}

Around my home, you won't find name brand clothes (unless found uber-cheap at the thrift store). You'll find cute clothes in bright colors, homemade cakes, cookies, or brownies, and our family eating home-cooked meals. I'm all for D-I-Y projects and coming up with creative solutions.

Around my home, you'll find love, laughter, and comfort. You'll find a listening ear, a place to relax, and a place where authencity is celebrated.

12 comments:

cathleen said...

Oh, my goodness! I love your sweet little kitchen, Tracy. It sunshine and happiness written all over it!

Suzie Ridler said...

Sounds like the perfect home to me! I love seeing your home Tracy, it is wonderful.

Debra said...

Oh! Love seeing how your kitchen looks now. So pretty! And after your description of your home I'd like to visit more than ever... Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Debra

Anonymous said...

Tracy, thanks for opening your heart and your home. I feel like I know you! Your home is really nice, and I noticed dishes in the dish rack, which made me smile. I have a dishwasher, but always wash dishes by hand. It's a relaxing and peaceful time for me, washing dishes, looking out the window, and daydreaming.

Amari

FlowerLady said...

A home filled with love is what's important, not name brands or the latest gadgets.

FlowerLady

Anonymous said...

Your home sounds like a nice and comfortable place to be!
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

terri aka Penny Ann said...

A most lovely post, one that says gratitude is a way of life.

Rosemi said...

Thank you for sharing your home Tracy. Love is all you need to make home a lovely haven. God bless you.

Melanie said...

And those are all the things are home should be for ourselves and our loved ones! Sounds like a home full of love and happiness. :-)

~Melanie
www.comfyhouse.blogspot.com

Carolyn said...

Beautiful photos and fabulous writing Tracy. You've outdone yourself today.

Carolyn
www.project21days.blogspot.com

Laurie said...

Tracy, your kitchen is soooo pretty! I love the color! Your home sounds so wonderful and cozy ~ and decorated with love.

Marqueta (Mar-keet-a) said...

Dear Tracy,

Wow, look at all the cupboard space in your kitchen! I'm a little jealous :). Thanks for sharing your sweet, imperfect home with us.

Love,

Marqueta