Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Pleasant Days


How was your 4th of July?

Ours was pleasant. We had a barbeque lunch with friends and then went to their neighborhood pool. After that we went to Mama's to visit and let the kids shoot fireworks after dark.

I have been decluttering. It all started Saturday. I gave the kitchen a good cleaning, swept & mopped the hardwood floors, vacuumed the carpet, dusted, reorganized my desk, tidied dresser drawers, culled books and finally headed to my closet. I ended up with two bags of trash (mostly papers & old magazines) and one bag of clothes to be donated. It sure felt good to get rid of those things!

My garden is doing well. We harvested out first bell pepper the other day and last night added another one along with a large cucumber! It is so exciting to pick vegetables from your own garden. It makes the work worth it. My tomatoes are getting larger, but still haven't begun to turn yet. Hopefully soon! Nothing beats the taste of homegrown tomatoes!

It has been raining all morning and it rained nearly all day yesterday. I am enjoying these rainy days for the cooler temperatures. It is such a nice break from the heat and humidity. I have no real plans for today other than to do a load or two of laundry, tidy up the house, and make dough for homemade pizza for dinner tonight.

What are you doing today?


3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi Tracy
I took care of baby Elizabeth this morning as her momma has gone back to work 20 hours a week.
I did yard work in the afternoon but did not get finished before a rainstorm came through.
After supper, Jimmy helped me put up 18 jars of pickled jalapenos - he did the hard part of slicing them all.

I do agree with you that simple days are so pleasant

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Hi Tracy!
Lovely post! It reminds me that we havent put in a veggie garden in a couple years and I miss being able to go out and pick the fresh home grown!
We grew mini maters called sweet 1000's and you literly got thousands of tomatoes! The dogs would love to pick them off the vine :-) We never got an entire batch of sweet peas because they were so delicious to eat as the ripened right in the garden!
NEXT year for sure!!
Now . . . need to get to that spring cleaning sometime this summer HA!!
Hugs and Smiles,
Lynn

Susan in SC said...

We are still waiting on our cucumbers and peppers, along with our tomatoes. Please come to my house and work in my kitchen when you have time! Sounds like you got a lot done in your decluttering!