Friday, July 09, 2010

Liberating



I am back in the gym working out. I ran for the first time yesterday on the treadmill. It felt exhilerating and liberating to push past my boundaries and self-imposed limitations! I have always told myself "I can't", but I really can. Maybe not as far as I'd like or as long, but I can do it! 

After the treadmill, I had a killer legs workout with my new workout partner, Julie (or Julian as I like to call her. She's a machine like Jillian on Biggest Loser!). I'm sore today, but stoked.


2 comments:

Debra said...

Yay! Best thing in the world is to keep moving. For years I've been 'running away from arthritis' and it almost never catches me! :) Not even actually running-running, but rather, I don't sit still for very long. Staying limber and active is huge. Keep up the great work, Tracy! Blessings, Debra

sarah said...

I hear the gym is addictive - everyone I know who goes there finds it hard to keep away! Maybe one day I will have time myself. Good for you for doing such a neat thing for yourself.