Friday, July 09, 2010

I Am a Mermaid



At almost 36 years of age, I finally learned how to swim! Oh, it is such fun and is great exercise, too. Of course, I had a good teacher....my handsome husband, Alfred. :)

I nearly drowned as a child and though I would get into water, I would never attempt to learn how to swim. Alfred recently taught the girls how to swim, so I finally decided to face my fear of water and learn myself. Now I wish I'd done it years ago!


What fear have you faced and conquered?

2 comments:

sarah said...

good for you!!

I am going to face my fear this coming summer ... I'll tell you all about it then! ;-)

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Congratulations! I learned to swim as a child and have always loved it. I'm sure you will too. I've been conquering my fear of bees. It's been an abnormal fear (not that we shouldn't have a healthy fear of them) but having a garden the past couple of years has really helped me. I can even walk among the plants now with the bees buzzing around and NOT go running :-)
Blessings,
Marcia