Saturday, June 19, 2010

Yard Projects: In the Works

We've made some changes in the yard since we first bought the house.

A lady Alfred works with wanted bushes for her yard and we were more than happy to get rid of some. Her husband came and pulled up nineteen bushes from the front yard!

Two rows from here...

And one row here.

I am planning to put in a white brick border and fill it in with soil, flowers, and black mulch on both sides of the walkway. I'd like to dress up the porch a bit, too, but have decided on what I want to do with it yet.

I also made changes in the backyard around the koi pond.

Alfred dug up a few bushes for me, but I want all of the bushes out of there. I trimmed the sega palm and weeded it out really good. I also spray painted the two trellises red.

Here's another shot around the pond. We still need to get it cleaned out and seal the cracks. We want to put a fountain in and fish. Once I get all the bushes out I want to make this area a butterfly garden with tons of flowers. I'll probably put in a brick border around this one, too. I think it looks neater. 

The tree by the angel statue is the pear tree!


This little rascal is one of many who are plucking our pears off the tree!! They take a few bites and toss them to the ground. Any ideas on how to curtail these little rascals?

4 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm excited to see the work in progress. Your plan sounded beautiful. A butterfly garden is a brilliant idea.

Rhonda said...

Your yard is beautiful!

Rhonda said...

hi Tracy

your yard looks wonderful!
I've got some boxwood bushes that i want dug up, think your friends would want to come to Oklahoma and get them? :)

Ann Flowers said...

You have got a nice garden out there. I think a connection with plants means a connection with the nature itself.