Thursday, June 17, 2010

Vegetable Garden

This was my garden a few weeks ago...

And this is the garden as of today!


 I have a few tomatoes beginning to grow....
{click to enlarge pictures}

and one bell pepper so far!
Nothing yet on the cucumber plants, but the plants are growing and there are big yellow blooms, so any day now there should be cucumbers!

I have used no chemicals on my garden and I water the garden for about an hour each day unless we get rain. I'll have homegrown organic vegetables to harvest soon. I'm so excited!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very nice garden, Tracy. You've done a great job! It is good to grow your own food and control what you put on it. You'll feel so proud when you eat that tomato and pepper!!!
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Lyn said...

You have a beautiful large yard and I really like your raised bed. I hope you get lots of produce this year.

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Our tomatoes are growing like crazy, but most of them are still green, except the cherry tomatoes. We've had lots of strawberries too. No peppers yet, or green beans, but they're getting bigger. I've also tried corn this year, I'm not sure how that's going to work out :-)
It looks like your garden it growing wonderfully.
Blessings,
Marcia

Jolie said...

Your garden is looking great. Mine isn't turning out so great though. They aren't growing very well and something's eating the leaves. I think the main problem is I don't have enough full sun on it during the day. I can't wait to see how yours looks when it's fully matured.

Anonymous said...

Your garden looks wonderful---and such a lovely big yard! I'm going to attempt a raised garden--might wait until the 100 degree Texas heat passes though! Your garden picture inspires me to get started! Holly