Friday, June 18, 2010

Hormones, Books and Outdoor Tips



I feel so down today. It is as if the joy has been sucked from my being instantaneously. In all honesty, it's probably hormones - but gosh, I don't like days like this! All I want to do is sleep and be alone for a while. I'm tired and I'm cranky and I don't want to deal with anyone or anything. There's no chance of that happening! Nope, life goes on whether I want to participate or not.

Last night I finished At Home on LadyBug Farm and it was just as good as the first book. And now I have to wait until October for the next book. Oh, and Sarah Ban Breathnach has a new book coming out in December called Peace and Plenty!

The girls and I went to the library. My reading list now includes:
The Home-Maker by Dorothy Canfield
The Shack by William Paul Young
The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
and

Checked the garden today and there are two little cucumbers on the vine! I can see where bugs have been eating the bell pepper leaves, so it's time to take care of that right away. I recently read that you can fill a spray bottle with water and a good squirt of dishwashing soap. Shake it up and spray your garden plants to repel pests. I'm going to give it a try.

To repel mosquitoes when you're outside, put a dryer sheet in your pocket. They don't like it. One of Alfred's co-workers told him this trick and he grew up on the Louisiana bayous. I buy the cheapest dryer sheets I can find.

May tomorrow be a brighter day!

2 comments:

sarah said...

I hope you feel more cheerful soon.

Rosemi said...

I know what that's like. I hope you feel better soon.