Sunday, June 27, 2010

Gratitude


This week I am thankful for:

~ Knowing how to cook something out of nearly nothing! It has been a tough two weeks as we wait for the first National Guard pay to come in. Two weeks without a paycheck is not easy but we managed.

~ Singing along to my favorite country music songs always brings a smile to my face and reminds me of my first Sunday School teacher who said I sounded like Barbara Mandrell the first time I sang in front of the large congregation at church.

~ Saw the baby oppossum again last night. Alfred said he probably isn't even six months old yet. He is very little and so cute. I can't believe the cats haven't bothered him at all.

~ Watching the girls create. I bought them windchime kits to paint and their daddy is going to put them together. We also used oil pastels. I'll be posting pictures soon. They are happiest when they are doing arts and crafts - much like me.

~ Falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and sleeping throughout the night. It's rare that it happens, but boy does it feel great when it does!

What are you thankful for this week?


1 comment:

Lyn said...

Hi Tracy,
I am sure you will be happy for that paycheck and understandably so.

It sounds like you are creative in the kitchen too, and that can be fun when one has to be a bit thrifty. I try to do the same.

Have a lovely Sunday!