Sunday, June 06, 2010

Gratitude



This week I am thankful for:

~ My vegetables are growing and there are blooms on the plants! We have had rain nearly every single day this week, so I didn't have to water the garden.

~ A date with my honey. We went to Chic-Fil-A to use coupons for free spicy chicken sandwiches, shared fries, and two chocolate shakes.

~ We've switched cell phone providers & cut our monthly costs nearly in half - $105/month down from $198/month. I wanted to go with prepaid cell phones, but Alfred didn't - so in the end I went with his decision.

~ I'm almost finished reading Beyond Bear Lake by Anne LaBastille. My next book will be Silence of the North by Olive Frederickson. Mama and us kids watched the movie countless times when I was a child, so I am looking forward to this read.

~ Family get-togethers with good food, laughter, and reminiscing.

Enjoy the weekend! 

 

3 comments:

Debra said...

Oh! Beyond Bear Lake. I haven't read that one yet. How was it? I know I've read Silence of the North, own it even, but I can't recall a lot about it. Guess I'd better reread that one. :)

Thanks for your much-appreciated comments at my blog. Surely does seem like we are on the same page about most things! Love that. Have an amazing Sunday! Blessings, Debra

the simple woman said...

I found A Year on Lady Bug Farm at Barnes and Noble and it sounds really good! Thanks for the title!
me

the simple woman said...

I found A Year on Lady Bug Farm at Barnes and Noble and it sounds really good! Thanks for the title!
me