Wednesday, June 09, 2010

An Evening Visit

Half the week is gone and I haven't posted a thing! I have been busy weeding the vegetable garden, with the kids, reading and homekeeping. I am currently reading The Silence of the North and am enjoying it. As always the book goes into more detail than the movie does. My, what courage Olive had to live the life of a trapper's wife in the Canadian wilderness!

Debra blessed me with the book, The Art of Homemaking by Daryl V. Hoole. Thank you, Debra! I finished reading that one and have begun putting a few things into practice here at home. For example, I have started listing six things I want to accomplish each day in order of importance. I start with the first one and stay on it until it is completed and then move on to the next one, and so on through the list. I was skeptical that it would be of any real help, but surprisingly it was!

A bit of good news to pass along...my husband, Alfred, will go on orders beginning Saturday to help with the oil spill cleanup. He won't be on the beaches but will be keeping the lines of communication open for the soldiers who are doing cleanup (Communications is his job in the Army). I am very happy with that because it means good steady pay coming in and it could last as long as October. It is a very big blessing for our family and an answer to prayer!

May you be blessed as well!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So very glad your husband has a steady income for awhile. It was a good answer to many prayers for you. God bless, Kathy in Illinois