Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Yard Work

I have taken to spending a portion of each day working in my yard. I have cleared the garden and am now working on turning the soil. I've trimmed limbs and cut back azalea bushes. I have mowed and weeded and had Alfred dig up some bushes...until the shovel cracked. I must buy a heavy duty one for digging, but the cracked one can still be used in the garden.
I spend at least two hours outdoors working each day. There is a lot to be done, but even though my muscles are sore, I'm sweating profusely, and am bone tired at the end of the day...I love it!

I love being out in the sun and feeling the breeze on my skin. I love taking a break in the shade with a big glass of ice water while I look over my work and listen to the birds sing.
And I dream of enchanted gardens...

In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful. ~Abram L. Urban
 

5 comments:

cathleen said...

Sounds like my kind of gardening. Tired, bone weary but so fulfilling. The stuff of dreams and blessings. Lovely garden, Tracy!

Mrs. Staggs said...

Tracy your garden is looking so pretty! I love your roses.

Gardening is great exercise, but those first few days are sure hard on the muscles that's for sure!

When you look for a shovel, look for one made of all metal, with a slightly thinner handle. I have one, and it's easier for women to use, I think. My neighbor used mine one time, and found it so much easier than her own, that she went and bought one. It's still very strong, but it's a little more lightweight and fits our hands better.

FlowerLady said...

Love that last picture Tracy. Working in our gardens is so satisfying. You are doing a great job there.

Enjoy ~ FlowerLady

sarah said...

what a beautiful big garden you have! its lovely.

Rosemi said...

How beautiful!