Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Tide is Turning



It looks as if things may be turning around for us. Alfred's unit may be activated for three to six months, helping with the oil spill locally. That means he would get a regular paycheck every two weeks (and we'd know exactly what to expect unlike his variable pay now) and is still able to come home every night!

Though it would be a huge relief, we won't be spending recklessly. I plan to sock as much as I can away into savings for the lean winter months, while staying current on our bills, I will work on building a stockpile of food, household items, and toiletries. Cash is king and a stockpile can keep us from going hungry when money is tight.

I am enjoying living a simpler life. The cable has been cut and we've been enjoying movies from the library and Netflix. We're reading more books. I am going to bed earlier (9pm) and rising earlier (5am). We are talking more and spending more time outside. I feel like I can breathe again as I have slowed down and have taken more notice of my life in general.

*Frugal Doings*
~ Wrote a proposed budget for June and will be tracking expenses.

~ Making use of leftovers, either for lunch the next day or in creating a whole new meal.

~ Unplugging everything electrical that is not a necessity or in use. We won't see much of a difference on June's utility bill but should the following month.

Wishing you days of simplicity!

 

5 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Glad to hear things are looking up for you Tracy.

Enjoy your simpler life.

FlowerLady

Stephani said...

Glad for a bit of good news! It sounds like you have a good plan in place.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are going to get better for you. Keep on living the simple life and trusting in God and you will be fine. You have such a great attitude. God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Laurie said...

Hi Tracy,
So glad to hear things are looking up ~
We are trying to cut back/cut costs wherever we can as well.
I find so much more is done around the home when the tv stays off. Of course that goes for the computer as well!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend ~

Missy said...

God is so faithful!!!