Monday, May 17, 2010

This, That, and the Other

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~Susan Ertz

Today has been filled with laundry and housework and a nap in between thrown in for good measure. When I am busy I am less likely to worry and there are always things to do around the house, so no problem there.

We had a good soaking rain almost all day yesterday which was very good for my garden. A large branch fe
fell out of one of the pecan trees, thankfully missing the electricity lines!

Saturday, Alfred's father passed away. Alfred is sad and wishes they had spent more time together, but realizes his dad is in a better place, no longer suffering. He asked to be cremated and there is to be a memorial service, but there has been no word on when or where yet.

Our time on this earth is so fleeting. Let bygones be bygones. Hug and kiss your loved ones and tell them how much they mean to you. You never know what tomorrow holds...

 

7 comments:

sarah said...

I am sorry for Alfred's sad loss. You are so right about bygones ... I am eternally grateful I reconciled with my own father in time.

gail said...

My condolences to Alfred and of course you. Thinking of you and praying for good times.

Blessings Gail

Rosemi said...

May the Lord comfort you both as you grieve for your loss.

That is a beautiful background for your blog. ♥

Sandcastle Momma said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! We'll be saying lots of prayers and are sending hugs to you and Alfred.

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Tracy. So sorry to hear about Alfred's father. Your family will be in my prayers.
Hugs, Sharon

Rhonda said...

Tracy, we're so sorry for your family's loss. Our sincere condolences to Alfred & your family.

Rhonda

Laurie said...

Dear Tracy,
I am so very sorry to hear of Alfred's father. Thinking of you and your family.
Hugs))