Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Simple, Beautiful Life



I have just come inside from working out in the yard. I've been out there since 6:15am digging up roots around the pond, mowing the front yard, watering plants, and sweeping the front porch and walkway.

She does her work with energy, and her arms are strong. ~ Proverbs 31:17

After I rest a spell, I will get to work on the inside of the house. There is laundry, cleaning, dishes, and dinner to prepare for.

Of course, I add in a bit of relaxation into my days. I will likely read. I just finished Another Path by Gladys Taber last night and will choose a new book from my stack of library books. I may watch a video, also from the library and take a nap.

Alfred is working today. And the time I take during the day allows me energy for the evenings so I may give my dear husband my full attention. After having worked hard all day he needs me to be light-hearted and joyful, to make him laugh, to listen as he tells me about his day, to be his encourager and chief supporter, to be a comfort and a soft place for him to turn to. He needs me to believe in him when he doesn't believe in himself.
 
In the same way, teach older women to be holy in their behavior, not speaking against others or enslaved to too much wine, but teaching what is good. Then they can teach the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be wise and pure, to be good workers at home, to be kind, and to yield to their husbands. Then no one will be able to criticize the teaching God gave us. ~ Titus 2:3-5
 
This is the calling, not only that I have chosen, but it is also the life God has chosen for me. How can I not be rich by following His precepts? I am finding that as the excess and the dross is stripped away, what is left is a simple, beautiful life.

 
 

3 comments:

sarah said...

It sounds lovely and I'm glad you are happy. I'm sure your husband is your comforter and encourager too.

Anonymous said...

You are so right about when the excess is stripped away---I find that when the excess is stripped away, I am really living. We go to the library more, take more walks, run fewer errands, watch less tv, and yes, what is left is more simple--and beautiful! I have so enjoyed reading your posts--I think we all need more simplicity in our lives--sometimes it is chosen by us, sometimes for us, but either way there is beauty in it. Praying for you and your family--glad to hear of your husband having work with the oil spill. (so sad about the oil spill, but glad to hear of the blessings that may come from it)Take care and I look forward to your posts--they inspire me! Thanks, Holly

Rosemi said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful Tracy. I am very happy for you. =)