Friday, May 21, 2010

Progress


There is much work to be done in our yard, but it is coming along slowly but surely. It is not easy work. In fact, it can be downright exhausting. Frequent water breaks in the shade are a must. But what keeps me going is seeing progress. Little by little we are putting our personal stamp on this place we now call home.

The girls and I went to the library yesterday. I had a few books on hold, one of which was Still Life with Chickens: Starting Over in a House by the Sea by Catherine Goldhammer. I read nearly half of it last night! I'm loving this book for the author's can-do attitude and determination. It's on my Amazon widget on the left sidebar if you want more info about it. Bonnet tip to Debra for her list of books she has read and enjoyed!

I have been wanting to see the Rose Walk trail here in town so I think I'll take the girls along with my camera to get lots of pictures. A girl can never have too many rose photos, in my opinion. :)

May your day be lovely and sunshiny!

 

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I picked up this book at the library yesterday after reading it about it here. I really like her style of writing ~ the part with all those chicks in the bathtub learning to fly was a hoot!