Friday, May 28, 2010

Neighborhood Crime



We had excitement in the neighborhood last night as police were looking for a suspect. I am guessing that the convenience store behind our home was robbed, because a guy came through the alley to the house next door, ditched his .45 pistol in a pile of leaves in their yard, and took off running. Two neighbors saw him, as did my youngest daughter and her friend who were walking down the street. I have no idea if he was caught. Scary stuff!

I know times are hard, but why turn to crime? Chances are, you're going to be caught and will serve time in prison. Is it really worth it? Why not go out and work, like the rest of us, and earn an honest living? Be there for your family and live honorably. It's not a sin to be poor. Do your best and let God handle the rest. This is what I would say to those who partake in crimes.

As for the rest of you, be aware of your surroundings. Keep your doors locked {car & home} and report suspicious activity. Above all, pray and stay safe!


2 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

I see crime all around me Tracy although crime with guns is so scary! I always keep my doors locked and don't trust anyone. Works for me.

The last neighbourhood I lived in was out of the 50s with kids playing in the streets and everyone feeling safe. I miss that, it is so rare.

Rhonda said...

yikes! that is too close for comfort.