Saturday, May 08, 2010

May Beauties

'But I must gather knots of flowers,
And buds and garlands gay,
For I'm to be Queen o' the May, mother,
I'm to be Queen o' the May.'
- Alfred Lord Tennyson


You can fall in love at first sight with a place as with a person. ~Alec Waugh


"Sweet spring, full of sweet days and roses,
A box where sweets compacted lie."
- George Herbert, Virtue


"The world's favorite season is the spring. All things seem possible in May."



"You are as welcome as the flowers in May."
- Charles Macklin


"O day after day we can't help growing older.
Year after year spring can't help seeming younger.
Come let's enjoy our winecup today,
Nor pity the flowers fallen."
- Wang Wei, On Parting with Spring

 

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful post Tracy, the first photograph makes me feel I am in a Secret Garden somewhere :)

Ann Flower said...

It is wonderful that you were featured with the beautiful flowers you post.