Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Making Lemonade

Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever remains to them? ~Rose F. Kennedy

The days have seemingly been dragging along. The uncertainty wears on me - physically, mentally, amd emotionally. I am tired of being tired and fretting over things that cannot be changed. It is what it is and I accept it and will from this point on move forward.

I am choosing to make lemonade out of life's lemons.

So today I am going to clean house, work in the yard, watch I Remember Mama on dvd, read with my girls, bake cookies, make dinner, and find delight in the things we do have.

All I Have is All I Need!

 

7 comments:

Laura said...

What a great post.
You used my favorite expression: it is what it is.
I am not familiar with what is going on, but I can assure you- you are not alone.

As my father says:
Keep a tight rein (he's a farmer).

Laura
White Spray Paint

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh Tracy, I'm sorry that you are living with anxiety. That is so hard, I know. I hope in reality you also make some real lemonade, I think that is good medicine for you too. Along with baking cookies. I cleaned house today too and feel soooooo much better!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you. God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Hi Tracy,
I feel your pain. I think we've all been there at one time or another. You do what I do...say enough is enough and just get on with it. There are so many people out there in the world who have less. I try to think of that whenever I'm wishing for more. It seems to help. :) Take care ~ Jo

P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comment. :)

Laurie said...

This is something I say to my kids quite often ~ when life gives you lemons make lemonade. Try to make the best out of a difficult situation.
I love your new background and header!
Hugs))

gail said...

You are such a special lady. God has many good things coming your way.

Blessings Gail

Paula said...

Dear Tracy,
I am so sorry for all the trials you are going through! It is so hard, but God promises he will never leave us nor forsake us. He will provide for all our needs. I am praying He will give you peace in your heart! You have a good attitude and it sounds like you made a bad day into a really good one! Thank you for visiting me and for your sweet words! Love, Paula